- we will listen to our patients;
- we will respect and care for you in a dignified way;
- we will improve your health and quality of life; and
- we will measure whether you would be happy with the standard of care provided by this Trust if a relative or friend needed treatment.
Vision and Values
The ethos of the Trust is based on:
"Excellence in Health, Putting People First”
The Trust aspires to be a provider of first class NHS services and to be the first choice of patients locally, regionally and in some cases nationally. We will maintain our high quality services and be focused on, and responsive to, the requirements and expectations of our customers.
To support quality we will ensure that our workforce is the best in the healthcare industry. Our staff will have the freedom to act to meet our commitments to high quality and responsiveness, to innovate and to ensure that the patient is put first. Staff will be accountable for their actions and will have the confidence and the support of the organisation for what they do.
The Trust will deliver its vision and aspirations by adhering to the following values:
- ensuring our care is high quality, safe and personal;
- enabling our staff to use their skills to treat patients in clean, comfortable surroundings to the highest quality, offering choice as widely as possible;
- encouraging our patients to come here for their care because we aim for excellence in everything we do – our first priority is our patients; and
- setting high standards of behaviour and professionalism for all our staff.
The Board will continue to drive the Trust’s vision and philosophy through a number of key delivery areas:
- will strive to have no patient errors or failures; and
- will properly train staff in sufficient numbers.
- we will treat you as quickly as possible and not waste your time; and
- we will minimise any delays.
- we will make you proud to work here; and
- we will develop and support you and your teams to be the best at what you do.
- we will generate a surplus to reinvest in your care; and
- we will save money on things you don’t need so that we can improve the things you do need.