21 June 2017
Public Consultation – ‘The Path to Excellence’ – how we create the best possible improvements for healthcare in South Tyneside and Sunderland
A public consultation around the different ways stroke, maternity (obstetrics), women’s services (gynaecology) and children and young people’s urgent and emergency (paediatrics) NHS services could be arranged in South Tyneside and Sunderland will start in July 2017.
What is it?
A consultation to gather public views around the different ways some aspects of NHS hospital services could be arranged in South Tyneside and Sunderland will start on 5th July.
It will run for 14 and a half weeks from Wednesday 5th July until Sunday 15th October, and will focus particularly on some areas of hospital care which are delivered at South Tyneside District Hospital and Sunderland Royal Hospital including:
- Stroke services specifically hospital (acute) care and hospital-based rehabilitation services
- Maternity services (obstetrics) covering hospital-based birthing facilities i.e. where you would give birth to your baby
- Women’s services (gynaecology) covering inpatient surgery where you would need an overnight hospital stay
- Children and young people’s (paediatrics urgent and emergency) services and special care baby units.
This period of consultation will include a series of public events and a range of ways for local people to get involved, find out more about the issues under consideration and to give their views.
Local NHS clinical leaders will explain the challenges around the way these services are currently being delivered, the different ways local doctors, nurses and hospital-based therapy staff think these services could be provided both now and in the future, and listen to public feedback about these different proposals.
How to get involved:
- Attend an event: Click here for dates and venues. and information on how to register.
- Hold a focus group: We are keen to hear from group who work with people who may face barriers to taking part in this consultation.
- Complete our survey: Access this online or request a paper copy by contacting us using the details below. This will be available from 5 July 2017.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: Search: nhsexcellence
- Twitter: @NHSexcellence
- Call: 0191 217 2670