The Sunderland Macmillan Cancer Support Centre aims to ensure that everyone in Sunderland/Washington has access to high quality information relating to any aspect of cancer. We also aim to provide practical/emotional support and a listening ear to both patients and carers.
The service is for anyone who is living with or has survived cancer, is worried about cancer, is caring for someone with cancer or has been bereaved through cancer.
The Sunderland Macmillan Cancer Support Service was initially funded by Macmillan Cancer Support for three years. This service is now an integrated part of the services delivered by City Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. The aim of the service is to ensure that everyone has access to high quality information relating to all aspects of cancer. We also provide practical and emotional support.
Who is the service for?
The service is for anyone who is:
- Looking to reduce the risks of cancer
- Worried about cancer and wants more information
- Having tests for cancer
- Living with cancer
- Caring for someone with cancer
- A Survivor of cancer
- Has been bereaved through cancer
- Works as a health or social care professional
How can patients access the service?
The service can be accessed in the following ways:
- Contact by phone for for information and support on: 0191 5410122 or alternatively on 0191 5656256 Ext:47657. There is an answering machine available when the office is unmanned and during out of office hours. A message with details of how we can get in touch should be left. Messages left on the answer phone will be answered within 24 hours (or the next working day).
- Email: Requests can also be sent to our dedicated, confidential email address at: email@example.com
- In person: Drop into the information centre on B Floor next to the main lifts.
If patients are unwell and need help and support, home visits can be carried out. Contact the centre and an appointment can be made that is convenient.
Supportive Information Stands
The service has information points where you can puck up leaflets and literature on a range or cancer related topics. They are in the following locations:
- Chester Wing Outpatients
- Chemotherapy Unit
For further information, please click on the items below.