The South Tyneside and Sunderland Healthcare Group (STSHG) is an alliance between City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust (CHSFT) and South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust (STFT). The two organisations have formally committed to collaborating to transform services to ensure that the local communities they both serve will continue to receive high quality, safe and sustainable hospital and community health services in the future.
Press releases and news items issued by STSHG can be found here.
We will be producing regular bulletins for stakeholders. These can be found here.
To deliver nationally recognised high quality, cost effective, sustainable healthcare for the people we serve with staff who are proud to recommend our services.
The path to excellence
- To provide a wide range of high quality, safe and accessible healthcare services;
- To ensure financial performance provides value for money;
- To recruit, retain and motivate skilled and compassionate staff who are proud to act as ambassadors of the services they provide;
- To be the employer of choice in the North East of England; and
- To listen, learn and innovate.
- Compassionate and dignified, high quality, safe patient care always the first priority.
- Working together for the benefit of our patients and their families or carers.
- Openness and honesty in everything we do.
- Respect and encouragement for our staff.
- Continuous improvement through research and innovation.
Although CHSFT and STFT remain individual statutory organisations, the Path to Excellence work being undertaken by STSHG is overseen by a Group Board which is Chaired by Neil Mundy, Chair of STFT. For further information relating to Group Board membership click here.
Clinical Services Review Programme
A Clinical Services Review programme is now underway the purpose of which is to look at clinical services and make recommendations to STSHG on the future configuration of services to ensure we are able to continue to provide high quality and sustainable services in the future for the communities both Trusts serve. To support and manage this process a Clinical Service Review Group has been set up which is Co-Chaired by:
- Dr Shahid Wahid – Medical Director, STFT; and
- Peter Sutton – Director of Strategy and Business Development, CHSFT
Patrick Garner, Programme Manager, will be leading this review process with clinical leaders from the specialties being reviewed. Terms of reference for this group, along with the timescales for these reviews can be found below:
South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust and City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust with South Tyneside and Sunderland Clinical Commissioning Groups are working together as South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Partnership
This partnership is supporting the programme of Clinical Service Reviews.
The partnership has a dedicated website which has been set up to provide more information for the general public and news on how you can be involved. The website can be found here.
Frequently Asked Questions
We do understand that many of you will have questions relating to the function of STSHG and the clinical service reviews. Please read our FAQs and if you have a question which is not covered, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. This section will be updated regularly to reflect questions asked by our patients, our staff and the public.